Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lesson Learned

I'm finding as things are finally starting to settle down, I'm getting more and more stressed out. The main cause of this... are books!

A friend from university and I took out a few books from the school's library and later on that day I found that I no longer had any use for them. My friend said that he still might have use for them, so I said he could borrow them as long as he returned them on time. That was the big mistake I made that day. About a month later, and I get an email from the library, telling me that I have overdue books.

Shit

After looking at the library's website, and failed attempts at trying to renew the already overdue books, I have found out that I am probably going to have to play a significant amount of money for these damn things I didn't even use in the first place. Oh happy day! Now I dread the day I have to walk up to the librarian, my tail between my legs, and explain my situation. Obviously, the first thing that she/he will tell me is "Well you shouldn't have let your friend borrow the books in the first place". Then I'll nod, apologize and pray that these books aren't worth that much. And yes, I have tried to get a hold of my friend, but I haven't received any word from him yet, and last I checked with him he said he returned them. Chances are I'm going to have to pay this fine, and hopefully he might help out with the charge.

On a positive note though, I'm apparently going to go watch some jazz tonight, so that'll probably help the nerves quite a bit.

"If you're feeling good, don't worry.... You'll get over it" - Bad Street Brawler

No comments: